If you like short rides to feel the gush of wind, it is time that you consider electric scooters. You can also use the scooter for your work commute or quick shopping trips. Whatever you need, you must look into the features before settling.
To help you get started, here are the features to consider when choosing the best electric scooter:
In general, two-wheeled vehicles like electric scooters are riskier on the road when compared to four-wheeled vehicles. With this, you must ensure safety measures are in place to prevent any injuries or accidents. Safety measures should include the following:
- Brakes: brakes are crucial. In the market, there are three types of scooter brakes – electric brakes, foot brakes, and disc brakes/drum breaks. The best brake in the market is disc brakes/drum breaks.
- Weight limit: every scooter has a weight capacity. It is best to purchase scooters with a bigger weight capacity. Remember that the bigger the weight limit, the more efficient your scooter will be.
- Lights: the next thing that you should consider is the lighting feature of the scooter. It is ideal to look for scooters with a decent amount of lighting from rear light to headlight, handlebar lights, deck lights, and many more. These will keep you safe at night.
Dimensions of the scooter
When it comes to the scooter dimension, you should consider the following:
- Height: you have to check if the height of the scooter is right for you. This will entail checking if the handlebars are perfect for your arms and height, which can allow you to navigate comfortably.
- Standing deck: you should choose a scooter that is perfect for your feet size. In general, the more room it has, the better it is for you.
- Portability: finally, you should consider its portability. As much as possible, you should pick light ones over bulky scooters if you want to have the freedom to carry it around.
The overall performance of the scooter
If you want to pick the best scooter model, you should consider its overall performance. There are many features you need to note when it comes to performance but you should focus on the following:
- Motor power: the general rule of thumb here is the more watts you consider, the more powerful your scooter is. If you want to drive fast, an engine with 500 to 1000 watts may be pricey but it will deliver.
- Speed: the speed will be according to your preference but if you want greater speeds of up to 50 mph, you should be prepared to spend.
- Range: the range of the scooter means the amount of time it can last on the road. If you are after long-distance travel, you should consider scooters up to 50 miles every charge.
- Battery: finally, you should check the battery and determine if it is of high quality. The ideal battery is the lithium-ion battery but you can still choose lead-acid batteries.